Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Do the Shuffle!


Ah yes... I remember fondly back in the 70's when I was living in Chile and I fronted a neo-prog-politico band called Noche de Brujas. We followed Alejandro Jodorowsky religiously until his exile... then we disbanded and I was born again in 1975 to a beautiful young lady in Biloxi , Mississippi... or was that all just a sweet, sweet dream?

Oh! Music!!! There has been a lot of talk recently among my friends of music and what they listen too. Truth is, I spend so much time anymore with the kids, PBS and el computero that I have hardly listened to anything of my own in quite some time. There is always, ALWAYS music playing in the haus as soon as Joe comes home so I never feel a lack of it in my life (it is always that way when you live with a musician)and it is always good. So when faced with the question "What music do you listen too lately?" I come up with... hmmm... that group I heard on Sesame Street??!! Wha??!!

So, I am dusting off and juicin' up ye olde ipod... prepare thyself. I am listening to and posting the first ten songs NO MATTER WHAT. I will skip over a band if it has already been played, that is my only stipulation. I'll try to do this regularly... you can learn a lot about someone by what they listen too. I will too.

  1. Deadbeat ~ The Ghastly Ones
  2. Sally Goodin' ~ Woody Guthrie
  3. Happy Hunting Ground ~ Sparks
  4. Jim ~ Sarah Vaughan & Clifford Brown
  5. When You Were Mine ~ Prince
  6. Shackles And Chains ~ Steppenwolf
  7. The Cowboy Disciple ~ Frank Pahl
  8. This Little Monkey ~ The Demolition Doll Rods
  9. Lojack Leviathan ~ The Shapeshifters
  10. Vegetable Friend ~ Robyn Hitchcock

I am only listing the songs, not the album. Seriously, who would have thought that the single would make its triumphant return and become a mainstay again?! Whatever happend to the conceptual album! Could Frank Zappa or Captain Beefheart get a record contract on a major label these days? Probably not... if they did put out an album... Phish would most likely be the ones to produce it. And, it would be awesome, but only music geeks like my husband and I would listen to it!

Have fun diggin' in if you so choose!! I'll post another playlist next week! Groove on!

xoxo~ Your favorite dweeb

No comments:

Feed Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails