Sunday, September 14, 2008

Death by Chocolate 8 chocolate cookie recipes plus bonus

I was involved in a trade with a fellow cafemom etsian levityinbrevity recently. Part of the trade was a listing for 8 chocolate cookie recipes and a bonus recipe for carrot cake. rowan and I decided to start at the top of the list with the Chocolate Crinkles. I must say, at first I was hesitant a little bit at the "prepare dough ahead of time, and chill for two hours" part, but it turned out to be the easiest recipe, and I really appreciated the fact that I was able to store the dough ahead of time in the end. Rowan helped me roll the cooled dough in powdered sugar (all the while licking her fingers and hands in sheer delight!), and place them on the cookie sheet. This is a very kid friendly recipe!
These cookies came out actually looking like the picture in her listing. They were so beautiful as I stacked them carefully as they came out of the oven, Rowan ooooooed and aaahhhhhed each time I lay a cookie on the plate!
Now, for the results.....
Rowan: They kinda taste like brownies.... brownies with powdered sugar! I like them a lot, but they could be a little dark chocolatier. The are definitely wow cookies, and I would give them to grandma! Joe: Hmmmm... good. Kinda like holiday Italian Wedding cookies/ brownies. I don't like either of those, but I like these instead. They go very good with whisky. Definitely worth buying the recipe, I would give these as a gift!
MiaRae: Tastes like a brownie. Mmmmmm, good warm. Very good for the munchies! I would give these as a gift easily, but I would put a macadamia nut in the middle!
Dani: Very good! I love all of the powdered sugar, and think they look quite lovely. I am surprised at how mellow they taste! I thought they would be a bit more chocolaty. But that is not a complaint. Good with the bean!

Thanks LevityinBrevity!! I hope your daughter loves her Booby Hat!!!
Stay tuned next week for: Whoopie Pie!



5 comments:

Tuff as Snails! said...

Those look super YUUUM!!!!!!

Levityinbrevity said...

Great blog! really well done.

Robyn Coburn Writer/Artist said...

What lovely photos of you with your little one. Best wishes from a fellow EGADS member.

na said...

Your place is even cuter than I imagined!!! I'm absolutely in love with it! :D

Anonymous said...

Those were some good cookie's, I could of used one with my coffee this morning!!

Feed Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails